Gurjit Sanghera is a qualified Notary Public & Solicitor in the East Midlands who has been providing Notary Services for individuals and businesses since 2008. Fluent in English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu she is able discuss services in these languages.
Please note we do not offer a document translation service, so it is important you understand the contents of any document that are not in English.
Due to COVID-19 we have restricted access to our offices. We are continuing to see clients during the current lock down but are unable to conduct any home visits.
A Notary Public is a qualified lawyer – a member of the third and oldest branch of the legal profession in the United Kingdom. They are appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and is subject to regulation by the Court of Faculties.
What does the Notary Public do?
A Notary will deal with a number of different documents and requirements. The most common activities comprise:
- Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas
- Dealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estate of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad
- Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, or to apply to marry or to work abroad
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions
What else can Notaries do?
Most notaries act in that capacity to provide the sort of services already described, but they can also provide authentication and a secure record for almost any sort of transaction, document or event.
Also as a member of the oldest legal profession in England and Wales, a Notary can do any form of legal work for you except for taking cases to court.
We prepare documents for all around the world.
Our clients all have different requirements and requests depending on the country their documents are going to. Gurjit Sanghera Notary Public has dealt with many countries including but not limited to:
- Austria, Italy, Belgium, Latvia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Malta, Czechia, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Portugal, Finland, Romania, France, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Spain, Hungary, Sweden
- United States, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, The Bahamas and Barbados
- Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Guyana, Uruguay, Trinidad and Tobago
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, China, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Thailand, Turkmenistan, and United Arab Emirates.
A Notary Public is an Officer of the Law and member of the third and longest established arm of the legal profession. I am appointed by the Court of Faculties of the Archbishop of Canterbury and subject to Regulation of the Master of Faculties.
I prepare and authentic legal documentation, which is normally used overseas or at various embassies and consulates. I authentic and sign a vast variety of documents for individuals, charities as well as various company/partnerships from sole traders through to Plc’s.
Notaries are vital to the smooth working of international trade and as part of my practice I meet a vast array of different nationalities. My Notarial work is separate to that of my Solicitors practice.
Gurjit Sanghera Notary Public is available by appointment and this can be arranged by telephone or by email using the contact form.
It is is important to ensure you have all the required documents ready prior to any appointments, should you require any special requirements please call in advanced.